Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday filtering

Not officially back to work until Monday.  I did work a teensy bit from home yesterday while inculcating my parents into the cult of 30 Rock, but I'm itchy to do more (but not so itchy that I'll give this apartment the cleaning it so desperately needs).

While charging their various communication devices, my parents discovered the myriad perks of 30 Rock including "Blerg" and the miracle that is Kenneth Ellen Parcell.  My favorite?  Any time Kenneth mentions "The Hill People." My dad, on the other hand, thought that M.I.L.F. Island was pretty great, although he referred to it as "M.I.L.F. Camp" on the phone later that evening, which might actually be funnier.

So, while awaiting communication from coworkers, I've been spiraling into an internet rabbit hole (that's not a euphemism for drug use). Here are some of the greatest hits of the morning (still not 11 a.m. as I type this)!




Here's this great article on Wired that sums up some of my own reservations about modern technology, and maybe makes me question said reservations just a little bit.  


Here's a picture of the President, proving that he should not only remain President, but he should also be my BFF. 



I saw that on the new Jezebel tumblr that went up while the old site is down.  I like the tumblr better because the comments on the original site had become troll central.  HATE.

Here's a picture of my brother and me hanging out yesterday, I mean, 28 years ago.


And yes, he is the cutest wubby that ever lived.  And no, my feet aren't that big, I was clearly wearing Charlie V's socks resulting in an optical illusion.  And speaking of optical illusions: THOSE PANTS.

XKCD continues to inspire me to be a better and funnier nerd.  




And speaking of mirrors, I always forget that when you take a picture of a reflective surface, you end up in the picture.  I took a picture last week of this bus stop ad near my job.  


I'm appalled that people don't understand how to use a Venn Diagram.  It's not just me, right?  There's no possible way those circles can intersect, right?  It's maddening.  


DRUNK HISTORY!!!!!



I read this thing about octopodes yesterday  - linked to in this post - and almost cried.



My niece turns 16 tomorrow.  Gotta work on her present and check back in with my work friends.  I feel kind of impotent to do anything helpful to the Sandy effort, but I'm awaiting notification from New York Cares about stuff that's within walking or bus distance that I can volunteer with, so that may change within a few hours.  So maybe the above diversions are stupid and vapid in light of all that's happened, but it's kept me from going completely stir-crazy.






No comments:

Post a Comment